Effective date: January 9, 2020
Defenselayers sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as “website”).
This website informs the user about Defenselayers Sp. z o.o.’s rules regarding
the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when using the website and about the choices that the user has made in relation to this data.
Website is the https://www.defenselayers.com website operated by
Defenselayers Sp. o.o.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data
When using the website, Defenselayers Sp. z o.o. may ask the user to provide certain personal data which may be used to contact the user or to identify the user (for convenience, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”). Personal data may include, but is not limited to, such data:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Cookies and Usage Data
- Usage Data
Defenselayers sp. z o.o. may also collect information on how to access and use the website (for convenience, hereinafter referred to as “Use Data”). These data may include information such as the Internet protocol address of the user’s computer (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, website that the user visits, time and date of the visit, time spent on these websites, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies mean IT data, including but not limited to text files, stored in users’ end devices (such as a telephone or a computer) sent through websites. The cookie is stored in the user’s browser and allows the website or a third party to recognize the user and make the next visit easier and more useful. Cookies can be “basic” or “analytical”. The user may instruct their browser to reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if a cookie is not accepted, the user may not be able to use certain parts of the website.
- Use of Data
Defenselayers Sp. z o.o. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website;
- To notify you about changes to the website;
- To enable the user to participate in the interactive functions of Defenselayers sp. z o.o. website when the user decides to do it;
- To provide customer service;
- To collect analyses or valuable information that will allow us to improve Defenselayers sp. z o.o. services;
- To enable Defenselayers sp. z o.o. to monitor the use of its website;
- To detect, prevent and resolve technical problems.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Defenselayers sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw (for convenience, hereinafter referred to as: “Defenselayers sp. z o.o.” or “the Company”), which is the operator of website is the controller within the meaning of Regulation (EU) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (for convenience, hereinafter we shall use the abbreviation: “GDPR”) with regard to personal data of users who are natural persons. This means that Defenselayers sp. z o.o. determines the purposes and means of processing users’ personal data independently and on its own responsibility. In the event of any questions or concerns about the protection of your personal data by Defenselayers sp. z o.o., please contact the Company (the e-mail address has been provided in part “Contact” hereof). Personal data mean any information that may identify user, such as name and surname, phone number, e-mail address and your shipping address to deliver items purchased by you on website.
Defenselayers Sp. o.o. may process personal data for this reason:
- The Company must perform a contract with the user;
- The user gave the Company permission to do so;
- The processing of data is in the legitimate interest of the Company and does not override the rights of the user;
- In order to comply with the law.
- Retention of Data
Defenselayers Sp. o.o. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of website, or Defenselayers sp. z o.o. is legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
- Transfer of Data
Information about the user, including personal data, may be transferred to and stored on computers located outside of the user’s state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction, where data protection laws may differ from those of that jurisdiction.
If the user is located outside of Poland and chooses to provide the Company with information, please note that data, including Personal Data, is transferred to and processed in Poland.
Disclosure of Data
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement
In certain circumstances Defenselayers sp. o.o. may be obliged to disclose the user’s personal data if required by law or in response to important requests from public authorities (e.g. court or government agency).
- Legal Requirements
Defenselayers sp. o.o. may disclose user’s Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Defenselayers sp. o.o.;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
- Security of Data
The security of user’s data is important to Defenselayers sp. z o.o. but user has to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While the Company strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect user’s Personal Data, Defenselayers sp. z o.o. cannot guarantee its absolute security.
User Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If the user wants to be informed about what personal data the Company has about him and if he wants it to be deleted from systems owned by Defenselayers sp. z o.o., the user must contact the Company.
In certain circumstances the user has the following rights to the protection of personal data:
– The right to access, update or delete information that the Company has about the user. Whenever possible, the user may access, update or request the deletion of his Personal Data directly in the account settings section. If the user is unable to do so on his or her own, the user must contact the Company for assistance.
– The right to correct the Data. The User has the right to correct his or her Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
– Right to object. The user has the right to object to the processing of his/her personal data by the Company.
– The right to limit. The user has the right to demand that the Company limits the processing of his/her personal data.
– Right to data transfer. The user has the right to receive a copy of the information that the Company has about him/her in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
– The right to withdraw consent. The user also has the right to withdraw his consent at any time when Defenselayers Sp. o.o. relied on his consent to process his personal data.
Please note that the Company may ask for verification of your identity before responding to such requests.
The user has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority about the Company’s collection and use of the user’s personal data. Please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA) for more information.
Defenselayers sp. z o.o. may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the website (hereinafter referred to as: “Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how the website is used.
These third parties have access to user’s Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The Company may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of the website.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites